Thursday, April 19, 2012

PICTURES!

Well, in spite of the fact that we haven't posted anything in a loooooong time, I thought you might all like to see pictures from school.

Carrot cake with hand-made marzipan carrots

This photo looks fake... but I swear I made it and it's Sacher cake (pronounced soccer).

Layered mousse cake

Black forest cake

Opera cake; one of my favorites.  Nothing beats the flavor of coffee in a cake.

 Creme brulee


Creme brulee

Napoleon

Napoleon

Apple tart tatin 

Apple purse

Apple phyllo stack

Chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup

Chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup

Apple tart tatin

Poached pear

Poached pear

Completely hand-made chocolate show piece





These are all the things I've done in class.  Now I'm working on a Winnie the Pooh themed birthday cake.  This will be followed by a wedding cake and then a sugar show piece.  

On the front of work, I'm loving my job and looking at a potential promotion to assistant pastry chef.  Baller.  

We are loving our new apartment and the elbow room with which it provides us.  

2 comments:

  1. ooohhhh! Can't wait for you to come home and "try" out some of the desserts on your family :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, This is Jessica. Will you be posting pictures of your new home?

    ReplyDelete