Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Moving madness- Kayla

Ok, so it's my turn to add something to the blog :)

Let's talk about moving.  Let's talk about the piles of boxes all over the house and the inordinate amount of time it takes to fill those boxes.  I would like to put up pictures of the madness, but the camera cord is packed... Let's talk about how having two cats, who love to get into those boxes, does not make the process any easier.  We can talk about all of that, but let's also talk about how exciting it is to see evidence that this is happening, and SOON!  It's strange to see all our our worldly possessions wrapped in bubble tape and packed in boxes, but it's also great to know that we are actually taking this positive step in our life together.  Sure, there are things I'm going to miss.  I'm going to miss campus and all the memories I've made there.  I'm going to miss running into familiar faces (even on one of the US's largest campuses).  I'm going to miss all the little oddities that Columbia has to offer.  I'm going to miss this house that I've known and loved for over two years now.  And of course I'm going to miss all of my friends and family members, people whom I'm not going to get to see but every couple of months, maybe some I will never see again.  It is sad, but it's a new chapter, and with each new chapter, old chapters have to be left behind.  Yes, I'm about ready to tear out my hair with the stress of packing and trying to make everything fit into a tiny studio apartment, but I absolutely cannot wait to move to this new city and make a new life for myself.  Thank you all for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment